Friday, June 19, 2009

What's up with the Hiney fam?

BUSY WEEK

I am so glad this week is finally over, at least most of it. I have been so busy and I am pretty sure that Bobby hasn't had as much TV time as he would like either.
GHOSTS FANS
Nathan left Monday morning at the crack of dawn to begin his career as a professional ball player with the Colorado Rockies organization. He is playing for the Casper Ghosts out of Casper, Wyoming. He will be playing in Wyoming, Utah, Idaho and Montana. Of course he would be in one of the most beautiful areas of our great country, but did he have to be so far away? Well, he will be so busy playing ball that he won't have much time to miss us. Of course everyone has always wanted this for Nathan, we just forgot we had to let him go. Especially when it all happens so quickly and they go so far away.
The team played an exhibition game the other day and Nathan got to start! We were so excited for him. He said he hit the ball, he just hit it right to someone. He got his uniforms and his numer is #1. Probably not the number he would have preferred, but we all know that it fits him well. We will be able to see a few of his games on the internet. Maybe someday we will watch him on TV.
WILL WORK FOR PLANE TICKET

If you know anything about Bobby, you can guess that he is chomping
at the bit to put together a trip to see Nathan play. The airfare alone is
really expensive. We all know how difficult it is to make a decent living
these days, much less take a vacation. I told him he should do some
odd jobs on the side. Maybe have a car wash or something. Ha! He
will work it out somehow, that I am sure.

OH BABY! WHAT A FACE!


Baby Grant is the most precious baby in the world!! He came into our world onlythree months ago,but it feels like he has been here all along. He is everything a grandbaby is supposed to be and more. Everyone always says that old saying about Grandchildrenbeing so special...well they are right. That little fella can do no wrong. He is growing like a weed and is changing every day. We usually get to see him at least once a week and can hardly believe the changes in him each time. He is trying to stand up now. He won't hardly let you just sit him in your lap anymore. Guess we will be shopping for one of those disc seats with all the bells and whistles on it so he can stand up. He is beginning to reach for things with his little fat fingers. It is so much fun just to watch him. We laugh at ourselves because sometimes we all just sit and stare at him. Megan and Shane are celebrating their wedding anniversary this weekend, so we look forward to getting to babysit.

WHOEVER SAID
"SEWING IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL"
OBVIOUSLY NEVER USED A SEWING MACHINE.

A few months before Grant was born, we decided to start sewing. Katy had already been sewing in her design class at MTSU but it had been many, many years since I had sewn. I took a home economics class back in the dark ages but my dear sweet Granny Willeford pretty much did my sewing project for me. It wasn't her fault really. She worked in a factory where she made clothing all day, so when she got on the machine the project was finished in a flash. I knew just enough to be dangerous. That is why I chose to make onesies that had hand stiched appliques on them. There is something about sitting all hunced over on the couch, sticking your fingers with a sharp needle and listening to your favorite television show that soothes the soul. HA! No really, I do enjoy making something from scratch that makes someone smile.

Anyway, we have been getting better and better all the time. Lena has started to use the machine now. Megan has a big interest, but hasn't yet committed. She has her hands full with little Grant. She has a sewing machine of her own, but doesn't know how to use it yet. We will be more than happy to take turns watching Grant while she learns.

I have been working on some bibs, burps and onesies to match for a shower gift. Actually, we have been working on them. Katy can sew pretty much anything. Now that Lena is learning, we can form an assembly line. Maybe we will get a business license and start our own multi-million dollar company! It could happen


LAWN CARE=MEXICAN FOOD

Yesterday, I decided I would help Bobby with the mowing while he ran an errand. The errand was for me, but I thought that I could ride the mower for a few minutes while he ran to town. Something about being in my own yard instead of the streets of Murfreesboro sounded like a good deal. Well, I haven't been on a riding mower in years. Many years. Anyway, it is kinda like riding a bike, (you don't forget) however that stupid thing beat the crap out of me. My hands, back and shoulders hurt like never before. Not to mention that it was 150 degrees outside. I managed to get most of the yard cut before he got back. He never came to relieve me but he was waiting on Lena and Brad to bring their car to be repaired.

After the mowing was completed and the car was repaired, we went out to dinner at our favorite Mexican resturaunt. At least it is our favorite at the moment. We consider ourselves Mexican Food Experts. I honestly think that I could live off mexican food. We love it! It is really hard to find a good spot because they usually change cooks or the cooks get deported or they go back to Mexico or something. Every time we find a favorite, something happens to ruin it. What is it with these places? It is just a real disappointment when you look forward to going all day and then you get there and the food is lousy.

Anyway, since Bobby did the repair on Brad's car, Brad took us to dinner at our favorite Mexican resturaunt and the food was delicioso! Thanks Brad.

FINALLY FRIDAY!

Well, it is finally Friday. I am looking forward to a nice, quiet weekend. Father's Day is Sunday. We are going to spend it with my parents and most of our kids. I guess everyone will want to swim, since it is too hot to do much else.
Saturday is going to be a work day at home. I think Bobby has some catching up to do since baseball season is over at MTSU. Maybe we won't have heat strokes. I haven't even planted hardly any flowers this year. I just haven't had the time lately. I am kinda glad I didn't since it is so hot. Watering isn't my favorite thing to do.

I look forward to Sunday afternoons. It seems like everyone is really relaxed and it feels good to just lay on the couch with the fan on, a blanket and a pillow, and watch movies. If we only had more days like that.

Well, that's about it for now. I'll be back in a couple of days with new news and a good fresh cup of coffee. See ya.

1 comment:

  1. You are right SheShe, I am the cutest in the world. Ha Ha.

    ReplyDelete